Crete Best Car Rentals
Customer advice relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The safety of our customers and staff is our first priority, and we have implemented specific protocols for protection and interruption of the transmission chain.
- We follow thorough cleaning procedures for each vehicle after every rental. Certified cleaning materials from the Greek National Organization for Medicines such as Polarbac are used.
- We have issued specific guidelines for all employees involved in the process of vehicle delivery and collection for prevention and protection against Coronavirus based on the relevant authorities’ directions.
- We encourage our staff and customers to use hand sanitizer regularly and we ensure excellent cleanliness in both our stations and our cars.
- In the event of a coronavirus affected client or employee involved in the day to day vehicle procedures and operations, the company has set up a process for immediate disinfection of the vehicle and facility, as well as proceeding with the relevant medical inspection of all employees that have been involved in the renting procedure.
- A Crisis Management protocol will be in effect in the event of a Coronavirus incident in our Office and branches.
It is also noted that any information with regards to possible incidents of Coronavirus are solely handled by the National Public Health Organization (NPHO) and the General Secretariat for Civil Protection (GSCP).
Travel Restrictions regarding number of passengers in a car
Until further notice, and in order to interrupt the transmission chain of the Coronavirus, the Greek Government and the General Secretariat for Civil Protection have imposed the following restrictions regarding number of passengers in a car:
- For cars up to seven (7) seats: up to 4 total (driver and passengers)
- For cars of eight (8) or nine (9) seats: up to 6 total (driver and passengers)
These restrictions do not apply for families with children up to the age of 18, or families with children over 18 with identification proof (passport).
FAQs REGARDING MY RESERVATION
Can I change my reservation if my plans change due to Coronavirus and the recent travel restrictions imposed by the Greek Government?
If you have already made a car hire booking, but it is impacted by the restrictions due to the Coronavirus, this booking can be cancelled with no penalty as per our Terms &Conditions.
To make any changes, please contact our reservations team or call +30 2810 330636
What procedure should be followed if I am required to self-isolate or I am quarantined following relevant authorities’ orders and cannot return a vehicle?
If this happens, please contact us immediately and avoid any contact with the vehicle and the keys. We will arrange to collect the vehicle from a nominated address.
What if I have contracted the virus and in possession of a Crete Best Car Rentals vehicle?
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you please notify us as soon as possible.
REGARDING CLEANING AND HYGIENE OF OUR CARS
What we have changed regarding our car cleaning and operational protocols?
We follow thorough cleaning procedures for each vehicle after every rental. Certified cleaning materials and procedures are used, and all employees involved in the process of vehicle delivery and collection follow specific instructions for prevention and protection against coronavirus based on the relevant authorities’ directions.
How we disinfect a car if a renter is a confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19?
In case a customer is suspected or known to have COVID-19, we have implemented new cleaning protocols that include removing the vehicle from circulation and disinfecting through a certified third party.
We are closely monitoring the news, information, advice and guidance from the World Health Organization and Greece’s National Public Health Organization regarding the spread of the Coronavirus. We will be here to assist you with your questions regarding your car rental and to welcome you in Crete!